FUBA World Cup 2019 will be held in Milan! The event will take place in UNA Hotel Scandinavia. More information available at the event page. It will be first time FUBA World Cup is organised outside of Finland. We have also scheduled Italy – Finland test match for Friday evening.
2.1. rulebook has been updated according the feedback and comments sent. Here is the list of updates. Thank you for all players who sent the comments!
- Chapter 1.4. and 1.5: description of the half way line and the goal line (required, because these terms are used in the rulebook)
- Chapter 4: The game turn stage numbers are updated. No changes for the order of the stages.
- Chapter 4.1.1: Errors in the text of the offside rules fixed.
- Chapter 4.1.2: A new rule added. The purpose of the rule is to block safe-passes far areas if the situation in the start area is poor for the controlling team.
- Chapter 4.1.3: The order of the ball value modifications is changed to improve the game balance and reality.
- Chapter 220.127.116.11: A long pass modifier will be ignored if the ball goes through an area where the controlling team has double number of the players compared to the passive team. Applies only if the ball goes over one area (not for a longer passes). This increase the value of the centre circle area and offers more tactical options for the game.
- Chapter 4.8.7: A goal keeper has now a free movement to return the penalty area from an adjacent area.
- Chapter 4.8.8: Corrections for the dribbling text. No rule changes.
- Chapter 4.10: If the pressing die equals the ball value, nothing happens (just minor update to increase the game balance)
- Chapter 5.1: Free kick rule text errors fixed. Unnecessary rules removed.
- A4: Injured player substitution clarified.
- A8: The skill list updated according the World Cup skills.
5th FUBA World Cup will be organised at 1st – 2nd of September 2018. The tournament for FUBA World Cup 2018 is now available. Also the registration is open.
You can find FUBA World Cup 2017 photos now at the photo page.
Jari Kemppainen won 4th FUBA World Cup. He used 4-4-2 formation through the tournament. In the final he scored the winning goal (3-2) 90+3 min against Mika Mäkelä. The final game was a battle of two different tactics. Jari used 4-4-2 and played cautiously while Mika with 3-4-3 had one of the most aggressive playing style in the tournament.
4th FUBA World Cup will be organised 26th – 27th of August in Tampere, Finland. The event takes place in a local board game Cafe, Taverna. More information soon.
FUBA 2.0 rulebook is finally available as a free PDF version. Two major changes after the latest draft are the pressing rule and the order of action stages. If you find out some mistakes or some rules are difficult to understand please send us feedback at email@example.com. We will publish updated version on May if required.